Thursday, March 02, 2006

Stereos, Cars, and Kids (Oh My!)

Some quiet kid time
Wednesday is my longer kid time day when instead of them going to their Mom's house at 6PM I keep them until 8. When Danielle arrived she and I went over to Forest Hills to pick up items for a 'scrounged' dinner (which is what I call it when I am not cooking, ordering in, or picking up take out). Danielle got Red Baron's little pepperoni pizza's, Christopher Jimmy Dean's breakfast Burritos, and Scott a bagel with Cream Cheese. I had a cold-cut sandwich (with sliced onion and tomato). We watched some TV together (including Chris joining Danielle and I for an episode of Monk, and they also played on the computers.

Ride Captain Ride
As I mentioned below my friend had to get to the airport for business travel and the reason we forgot his laptop. While I enjoy my Mustang he has a BMW and while it barely felt like we were doing 50 at points were were exceeding 90 (though he drove quite carefully)

After dropping him off I drove his BMW back here, an excellent experience, it's like a luxury Mustang!

The Mother of All Stereos
I have a very modest surround setup at home, with five speakers and a subwoofer. Since I upgraded to Polk Audio speakers the sound has been much better and I enjoy it with TV, Music, and DVD's.

Yesterday I had the experience of listening to one of my friend's stereo. His speaker wires cost more than all my speakers, and he would scoff at "Monster Cables" being too poor quality to use in his setup. I jokingly refer to his speakers as "Mortgage" quality for the center speaker alone goes for five thousand dollars!!!

We only had a few minutes as I was dropping him off at the Airport so he put on one of the Lord of the Ring's movies and we watched the scene where Gandalf confronts the Balrog in the mines of of Moria .

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!" thundered out of the 6.1 surround sound stereo. As Gandalf cracked his staff onto the bridge I half-expected all the windows in my friends house to explode......WHAT an experience! What a stereo! Color Chris green with envy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW THAT STEREO SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!

I CAN SEE WHY YUR GREEN WITH ENVY!!!!!

Blandishment Blog said...

audio luver, I am still green and in fact this AM when I was e-mailing with this friend about a work-releated issue I closed with

PS - Thanks for ruining my home stereo for me!

Enjoy the weekend!