Thursday, March 09, 2006

Feels like summer here in West Michigan

52 Degrees here in Michigan this morning! If feels like summer after the recent weather of cold, cold, days! Of course they are forecasting two inches of rain for today this evening, but that only complements the rain we had last night (and the single blast of thunder around midnight which woke me so completely I did not get back to sleep until 2 AM!)

I know now my heat will not break down until next winter!

Last night after all three kids were home we headed out to return the movies from Saturday and I decided to take the kids and I to Quizno's for Dinner. I had been hankering for their new Prime Rib Sandwich, yet alas when we walked in there was a sign stating that, due to popular demand there would be none until the next day! Arrrg!

SO instead I had their double Angus Beef which is always good, Scott the usual Roasted Chicken (plain) Danielle Ham, Lettuce, and Mayo, and Chris Roast Beef with a lot of Mayo! If you have never eaten at Quizno's you should try it; while nearly twice as expensive as Subway, they use real meat and the quality of it, the bread, and the toppings is very superior.

We all left out coats in the car as it was so pleasant out (barely 50 but feeling like summer after the Michigan winter weather.

While we were eating my cell went off it was one of my people needing me to identify which Blade servers were for a given function as a service on the public Internet was down. Perhaps that was a harbinger of what was to come because I came in this AM to a communication from the home office wanting to know if I could speed up some server builds....I asked if they had read my mailing of yesterday describing infrastructure problems.......

No comments: