Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Furnace Rhyme

My friend Russ who is still working on the East Coast asked me about my furnace in such a way I had to respond in rhyme....here it is below for your enjoyment!

Here's what happened my friend Russ
Here's what caused my latest fuss!
Those cretins came on Tuesday true
to fix the heat and fix it true!

So well they fixed it let me say
it was hotter than hell by end of day
Out I had gone to do some shopping
I came back home to mercury topping!

Almost to ninety the temp did go
that friend Russ was my latest woe!
I called the gas place to rant and rave
"Tomorrow" they said your as* we'll save!

So yesterday they came back to see
what could have lit my house like a Christmas tree
The last repairman was not too smart
and none too crafty at his art!

When that other guy the furnace did test
he forgot to pack a jumper with all the rest
The jumper he left sends a message you know
to tell the furnace, "Go man, Go!"

With that in place the heat stays live
when I came home it was almost 85!
SO today a manager will call me here
and I'll rave at them until my point is clear!

So four days it took and three folks from DTE
to get my furnace running (I hope) safely!
Let's hope my tale of woe ends here
And I won't see them again all this year!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your poem! I am certain that I enjoyed it much more than you enjoyed the experience!

Tomorrow morning, I am off to jury duty! EEK! and YIKES!

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

I am glad you enjoyed the Poem my friend
Sometimes my rhyming will not end
Ever rhyming all day here at work
Makes some folks think I am a jerk!

I have quite a few IT rhymes and was thinking of a book with illustrations!