Thursday, March 23, 2006

To sleep...perchance to dream.....

I was not going to post today, because my mood is still not good, and then I decided what the heck. I intended my blog as a method for me to chronicle my life, such as it is, good or bad. So....not too much happening other than way too much work and politics at job. I'm still not feeling the greatest. Barely slept 3 hours last night, had a nightmare and awoke shaken (not stirred) at 3:30 AM and could not get back to sleep for almost two hours. I have not slept well since I moved into my own house almost two years ago...seems like just yesterday. Part of my sleeplessness is due to sadness, part due to my back pain. I notice I do sleep markedly better when there are kids in the house. I dislike when I am physically sick, the sadness always seems much more pronounced. Sigh! Normally I do not have nightmares. I usually dream of happier times when we were a family of five. They are great dreams though very sad to awaken from.

Tonight I dropped Danielle off at a friends house where she is spending the night and then going to that friends birthday party tomorrow. The kids have off and it's the X's weekend, though I will stop in at her house on the way home from work so I can spend a little time with them. The X called on her way from Danielle's parent teacher conference; no surprises there, Danielle has an A average and is doing well in class. The boys report cards next week may be a different matter.....

After we left Danielle at her friends, we hit KFC for dinner....just not up to cooking yet. Besides who can reset that extra-crispy, extra greasy KFC recipe?? We came back here at watched some selected scenes from Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail because somehow we got started quoting a few lines from it on the way home. The boys love The Black Night, The Brave Sir Robin Song, the Nights who say Ni, the killer rabbit, and quite a few others. It was an enjoyable end to our time together.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Tis but a scratch.
A scratch? Your arm's off!
No, it isn't.
Well, what's that, then?
I've had worse.
You liar!

love that movie lol

Blandishment Blog said...

It is one of our Favorite flicks. The X can't stand it, but, at Dad's house we lov eit!