Saturday, March 18, 2006

Ah the little things in life

Danielle had a bit of a cough yesterday, this morning it has grown into a nasty cough with scratchy throat. Danielle is not good at taking medicine so for the cough I got her these new couch strips which are like those Listerene strips that melt on your tongue. She still did not like the taste but remarked it was better than icky cough medicine!

As to missing the little things I had to go out to Forest Hills this morning to do the weekend shopping for the kids. Normally she would have been at my side, offering a smile and help with the shopping, something simple that was sorely missed!

Returning home I medicated her, made her a bowl of double-noodle chicken soup, and did my exercise bike session.

It is a lovely day outside, sunny and bright, though only 32 right now with the high of they day not going past 40.

I must once again agree with the wisdom of my friend David, who said the it's easier (and more accurate!) to forecast the weather by looking outside. Twice the forecast nay-sayers have foretold the coming of quantities of snow that would have required the snowblower this week! This did not come to pass! Sigh!

No comments: