Saturday, March 04, 2006

House from Hell part two

It was a chilly evening last night. After the kids left for their Mom's I took the big heater down to the basement and left it on so that I would not have to worry about frozen pipes and around midnight I retreated to my bedroom with the small fan-driven heater which I placed in the adjacent bathroom. This was the first time I have ever been happy about the small size of my 'master bed and bath' suite which barely fits my bed and dresser in it. Last night, that was a plus!! With three quits on the bed I was able get some sleep without freezing. I got up around 6AM, took the small heater down the family room and turned it on high, retrieved the big heater and brought it up to the living room and put it on high, and on the stove I put two large pots of covered hot water on to boil. When they reached that temperature I put the burners under them on very low, which effectively helps heat the house and provide some extra humidity. Scott and Danielle have just arrived (Chris opted to sleep at a friends house last night) and the house is about the temperature it was when they left last night. As the sun it out and it is warming up a bit, I expect it will be tolerable in here with a few more hours!

This short sleep and cold house has not helped my feeling sick...at least today I do not feel any worse...it has affected my kid time, and it also made me have to disappoint Danielle by having her have to cancel the sleep over she wanted to have her tonight. I am SO ticked at the gas company. I have their warranty service coverage and evidently they oversell it if they can't get to you house the same day you place a call when the weather is below freezing outside!

NOW I await the mercies of the gas company.....

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Id suggest some complaining needs to happen (if you havent done enough already)

Blandishment Blog said...

I complained with management at the gas company, when I have a few I shall see what it takes to lodge a complaint with the state utilities board here.