Saturday, March 25, 2006

Dinner fit for a King!

Last night after I had visited with the kids at the X's house on my way home from work I made a nice pasta bake consisting of Rigatoni pasta, Ricotta and mozzarella cheeses, and ground sirloin sauteed in olive oil with fresh basil and garlic.

After the pasta was cooked I mixed it with a quick tomato sauce I had whipped up and the ground beef mixture. I made a layer of this on the bottom of a Pyrex baking disk (which had been rubbed with olive oil), then a layer of Ricotta cheese, followed with another layer of the pasta mixture. I covered with foil, baked for 25 minutes, then added more sauce and a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese to the top. Back into the over for 5 minutes and it was complete! On top of a serving I added freshly grated Romano cheese and some freshly ground black pepper, and a bit more sauce. It was awesome and there is plenty in the fridge for leftovers!

The kids had yesterday off, so, I did spent about 45 minutes with them at their Mom's house after work yesterday. I was supposed to have the afternoon off as vacation time but there was just too much to be done so I worked my normal day. I also chatted with the X's brother (who lives with her) a bit and we compared horror stories of our jobs. I think I won! On the way home I popped into Forest Hills Foods to get the needed ingredients for the pasta bake. After my sumptuous repast I did some computing and watched two episodes of Invasion off my DVR followed up by Dr. Who which I just posted about.

No comments: