Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Everybody stand back! We've got a jumper here!!!

Well, after spending a fun day at home running upstairs and downstairs every hour to either turn on or turn off the furnace, the gas company arrived at 1PM. The gentleman (a third newcomer to Casa De Falco) went to work and I headed back to the PC. A few minutes later I heard him yell out "Oh Jeeze!" so I zipped back downstairs to see what was up!

He showed me that the technician who was out yesterday had left a test jumper cable in place which basically bypasses the thermostat! That would explain why upon my return home last night the house was about 85 degrees!

He removed the jumper and we tested that the thermostat would now turn the furnace on and off. He departed, and I called the gas company to lodge a formal complaint. Unlike the void of personality drone I talked to last night when I placed the call, this gentleman seems to have a soul, and took my information and promised a supervisor would call me back today or tomorrow.
Four days and three visits from the Gas Company....has it REALLY been fixed this time???

We shall see.......if the adventure continues.....

No comments: