Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Chris is Sick - The Poem

Was feeling pretty poorly yesterday and even worse today; must have been crazy to go into work, but, there is just so much to do. One of my co-workers e-mailed me to see how I was doing so I replied back with this:

My head is pounding
My head it aches
My throat is sore
them's the breaks

My tummy's churning
more and more
I hope not to make
a mess on floor

I'm dizzy too
though that can be fun
though I'm real careful
to walk, not run!

My mind's affected
as you can see!
My rhyming rhetoric
won't let me be!

Oh! Now I'm resting
on the floor
I won't be typing
anymore!

How I got there
Don't have a clue
Chair fell over?
And I did too!

So now I'm crawling
towards the door
(It's cold down here
on the floor!)

Driving home
will be such fun
I guess for now
this poem is done!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! I am very displeased that you are so unwell, my friend! I pray that you are soon fully recovered!

- David

Blandishment Blog said...

Sadly, feeling poor in body is the least of my worries, my friend, though I do thank you for your thoughts and prayers! They are most appreciated.