Tuesday, March 28, 2006

YUM! - Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles

Well, last night I was hungry for something good, and while my friend Steve had sent me the recipe for the Cold Noodles in Sesame Sauce I did not have the ingredients, or the time involved to drive to several different stores to get them! I made a compromise! I went to the local store and picked up some frozen Tyson diced chicken, which is excellent, as it is grilled with a light lime marinate, and I picked up some frozen baby peas.

I headed back home and while some spaghetti was cooking I added a bit of cocoanut milk to a sauce pan in which I added peanut butter, a dash of Schezuan hot oil, and some chili garlic paste.

I heated the frozen diced chicken and peas and tossed them with the sauce and let it simmer about 5 minutes.

When the pasta was cooked I drained it and tossed it with a bit of sesame oil, and then mixed with the sauce, chicken, and peas I had prepared. It was SO delicious! So good in fact that talking about it now has pretty much determined I may have it for dinner again this evening! All I will require is more chicken!

Oh! I nearly forgot, Steve said it will be OK to post the Cold Noodle recipe here, so, next time I am thinking of it I will so do, if anyone wants to see it, let me know!

No comments: