Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Lunch Break for Chris

My work day has been so hectic I actually decided to take a lunch break! Not for sustenance, no, but for sanity's sake! What better way to spend this time than to gripe about the work day!

Typical scenario that happened today and seems to recur on a frightening basis; I'm running with several hot jobs, go off into the Data Center (which is a secured area and a bit of a haven from interruptions if you can handle the background noise), and then back to my desk about 30 minutes later. First off in my e-mail is a query from a program manager wanting to know when some work was going to be done. Under that were 40 (FORTY!) other messages! Flashing message light on the phone! Someone stopping into my cube every few minutes as I work to get past the 40 messages in my work e-mail! Some days it is a wonder I can actually get anything done! Gack!

So, I decided today to kick back for 15 minutes and make a post or two! I find that relaxing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

forty... Pah! That's a light day.
Try answering your desk phone as your cell goes off and pager with poeople at your door.

Blandishment Blog said...

Ha! Sounds easy. I did not mention my cell phone because during the day I keep it turned off! And 40 emails for 30 minutes is a high load!

Take care Barry (Barry b I assume)

Charlie said...

I get more spam than that :)

Blandishment Blog said...

So do I outside of work, but, I was of course referring to messages ay work where, can you believe it??? People were expecting a reply back!!!! Go Figure!!