Sunday, March 12, 2006

Saturday with the kids/SciFi Saturday

As I picked up Scott and Danielle at 4PM, the X came up to the car and let me know Chris would be popping over for dinner and staying for awhile but not the night; this was good news as I had not expected him to come over at all. It made my day in fact.

The three of us headed over to Circuit City (not as bad as Best Buy) where I picked up a component video cable to go from the receiver to the plasma display, and a Game Boy Advance Game (Tales Of Phantasia) for Scott as part of the "Dad got a refund" program; each of the kids was due something.

We paid, headed home stopping at the new 7-11 type store right by my house to pickup snacks for the kids including Chris for when he joined us later.

The kids disappeared to play a bit while I finished connecting the receiver into the system. Danielle and I began watching Star Wars: A New Hope off of DVD to test the new setup (which is incredible!) The DVD using the component video outputs was to drool over......along with the optical digital output....sigh!

Chris arrived at this point announcing hunger, and, as if the kids heard me dissing Taco Bell the other day the wanted to go there for dinner....and there we went.

Returning home Chris and I watched last weeks and this weeks season finale for BattleStar Galactica, which was incredible, spanning over a year of time in the story, and leaving you hanging on the edge of your seat wondering what was going to happen with the Cylons arriving and overflying the new settlement....

Chris, show over and snacks eaten headed back to his Mom's house, and Scott, Danielle, and I watched the first "Pink Panther" movie with David Niven and Peter Seller. The kids loved it. I really enjoy when I can share something I grew up with and enjoyed and have them enjoy it too. That seems so rare in these days.

Snacks at the snack store: $8.12
Dinner at Taco Bell: $12.49
Pink Panther on DVD: $14.99
Kids enjoying it with Dad: Priceless!

No comments: