Friday, March 03, 2006

Mountain of Oscars for Mountain movie

While I normally like to confine my posts to my small corner of the world and things friends and family send my way, I was seriously distressed hearing that the Brokeback Mountain movie is up for 8 Oscars. This just has totally upset This movie winning best picture award and now being nominated for the most Oscars for a picture this year! UNBELIEVABLE! This type of movie is not the kind of entertainment I'd want my kids to go and see! What ever happened to family type films!?? I'd take Pink Panther any day of the week over this Mountain movie!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here here!!!!Sounds a very silly movie to me Glen

Blandishment Blog said...

glen - Yes, I would never take my little ones to see such trash, though, up until now I have never seen a Western I did not like! I grew up watching John Wayne movies!

I am pleased there are like-minded sensible people out there!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a dull movie, its certainly not my thing, nor one of the guys who saw it at work. However, I suppose just as its not our thing doesnt mean it wasnt technically good in many ways, just dull and not the kind of thing children should be encourged to watch, but depending on what categories.. just coz we dont like it doesnt mean it wasnt well done crap..

Blandishment Blog said...

Anonymous, generaly I agree with "different strokes for different folks" this just rubbed me the wrong way since I have younger children. I do agree though that crappy movies can be very well done from a production standpoint!

Take care, and thanks for taking the time to post a comment.

Charlie said...

Well it sure sounds like a crap film to me. But like the anonymous poster said, I guess it can still be techincally brilliant even if its crap verging on offensive.

Blandishment Blog said...

As I posted today it did NOT win best picture! That made my day last night!