Friday, March 17, 2006

Tremors and Cash Flows

Well, the last of the tax money arrived yesterday in the form of a subwoofer for my home theater setup (had I know when I ordered it I was going to lose my overtime pay at work I would have not ordered it). The speaker weighs over 50 pounds so I basically rolled/slid it into the house. I removed the old subwoofer (a piece of junk really that came with my all in one home theater setup I bought almost two years ago and installed this one and recalibrated the speakers using the receiver's microphone. In test mode you place the microphone where you will be setting and test sounds are sent through each speaker and then the receiver calibrates the optimum settings for everything.

This done I queued up on DVD Star Wars: A New hope. I sat in awe as the Star Destroyer rumbled overhead right at the opening and the walls shook when the Death Star blew up Alderon.

All in all, an excellent last fun purchase for quite awhile! Between child support and loss of OT I'll have enough for bills, food and utilities (and the luxury of satellite TV) but not much else.

No comments: